|District 1 Keith Dencklau (R)|
|District 2 Mark Campbell (D)|
|District 3 Bob Thode (D)|
|District 4 Niki Conrad (D)|
|District 5 Nick Carlson (D)|
The Board of Supervisors of Webster County consists of five members, each elected for four years.
Meetings are held every every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. in the Supervisors room, 2nd Floor County Courthouse, unless otherwise posted.
To be placed on the Board’s weekly agenda, contact Doreen Pliner, Webster County Auditor, at (515) 573-7175 or email – email@example.com
Budget and Financial Reports
Budget and Financial Reports are available from the Iowa Department of Management by clicking the link below.
Iowa Department of Management
Board of Supervisors Duties
The Board's duties are varied and its authority embraces practically every aspect of County Government. The Board acts as a general business manager for County Government and the following are some of the duties and powers:
- Prepares the County Budget, determines tax requirements needed and levies taxes to raise revenue for expenditures.
- Appoints and fixes salaries of certain offices, deputies, permanent and temporary help, and fills vacancies in elective county offices, except members of its own body. Vacancies in the Board of Supervisors are filled by appointment made by the County Auditor, County Treasurer and County Recorder.
- Establishes policies and provides adequate funding in order to properly maintain the secondary roads system.
- Is responsible for certain social welfare programs for the citizens.
- Performs a variety of duties relating to agriculture and conservation, including participation in flood and erosion control, appointment of a Conservation Board, establishing drainage districts and zoning of County lands.
- Makes official canvass of voters of the County following primary, general and special elections.
- All bills paid by the County must be allowed by the Board of Supervisors before payment can be made by the County.
- Approve Beer, Liquor and Cigarette licenses, sending these results to the Beer & Liquor Control Department in Ankeny, Iowa, for final approval.
The Board members appoint the following department heads, boards and commissions members:
Animal Control Officer
The Board members are also appointed to the following committees/boards and are liaisons for other county departments.
|Keith Dencklau||Mark Campbell|
|Conference Board||Conference Board|
|Conventional & Visitor Bureau||County Buildings - SS|
|Crime Stoppers||Growth City/County|
|Foster Grandparents||Ia Crossroads of Global Innovation Advisory Board|
|GFDGA Board Directors||Public Health|
|Ia Crossroads of Global Innovation Advisory Board||Solid Waste Commission|
|MIDAS City/County Committee||Wellness|
|Webster County Drug Alliance|
|Drainage District 96 Representative|
|Beaver Creek Watershed Management Authority|
|North Racoon River Watershed Coalition|
|Squaw Creek Management Authority|
|Bob Thode||Nick Carlson|
|Central Iowa Juvenile Detention||Conference Board|
|Conference Board||County Buildings - CH|
|County Buildings - DHS||Growth Primary Sector Committee|
|GFDGA Board Directors||Insurance Committee|
|MH Advisory/Plan Committee||MIDAS Board|
|NCARF/Comm & Family Res Behavioral Center||Upper Des Moines|
|Central Iowa Juvenile Detention (Alt)|
|County Buildings - LEC|
|E911 Service Board|
|GFDGA Executive Committee|
|HazMat Response Committee|
|Second Judicial (Alt)|