The Webster County Health Department serves as a resource for individuals and community partners who want to encourage tobacco cessation, reduce exposure to secondhand smoke, and prevent the use of tobacco. Our activities include:
- Promoting Quitline Iowa
- Working with community partners to increase awareness of the harmful effects of tobacco
- Engaging youth to develop and deliver preventative messages to their peers
- Educating school administrators on the benefits of comprehensive tobacco free policies
- Working with local housing property owners/managers to transition to voluntary smoke free housing policies
Tobacco Cessation Program (quitting tobacco use)
Tobacco use is a challenging behavior to change. Individuals who wish to quit may need additional help and support. Quitline Iowa is ready to help!
- Experience a FREE and confidential tobacco cessation program
- Talk to a trained coach who will provide assistance in making an individualized plan and provide the support you need
- Increase the chances of quitting successfully
For more information on Quitline Iowa or if you are ready to quit, please call toll-free at 1-800-QUITNOW (784-8669), visit www.QUITLINEIOWA.org, or contact Erica Loerts at Webster County Health Department for enrolling assistance at 515-573-4107.
Smoking Cessation Program
Trinity Regional Medical Center and Webster County Health have teamed up to help you become smoke free. Let us help you quit during an eight week class.
Each week we will focus on different topics.
- Thinking About Quitting
- Learning not to Smoke
- Wanting not to Smoke
- Quit Day
- Winning Strategies
- The New You
- Staying Quit
The class is only $25, which covers the cost of materials you will receive. For more information call (515) 574-6258.
Click on the link below to register or obtain more information.
UnityPoint and Webster County Health Smoking Cessation Program