Webster County Recorder/Registrar
701 Central Avenue, Fort Dodge, IA 50501
Located on 2nd Floor - Courthouse
Phone: 515-576-2401 Fax: 515-574-3723
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Iowa Land Records
Click here to search Webster County Real Estate Records from July 1, 1999 to current!
Real Estate Recording Cutoff: 3:00 p.m.
Effective July 1, 2009 - any check presented for payment will be processed as same day electronic transfer as soon as received by the bank. Your check will not be returned by your financial institution.
**There will be a $30.00 service charge on all returned checks**
The County Recorder processes valuable information concerning Lands and Records Management, Licenses, Registrations, Application, and Vital Statistics.
Other responsibilities include:
- Collect real estate transfer tax on conveyances of property, a portion of which is retained in the county's general fund.
- Perform federal and state tax lien searches and research of current records for the public.
- Certify Recorder's records.
- Make records available for genealogy research.
- File detailed reports monthly and annually to the county and to state agencies.