Brushy Creek Area Honor Flight announces its 2017 trips taking WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam War Veterans to our nation’s capital to visit their memorials. The two flights in 2017 will be May 6th and September 16th.
Currently recognized “wartime” periods are:
World War II……….December 7, 1941 – December 31, 1946
Korean War…………June 27, 1950 – January 31, 1955
Vietnam War*………August 5, 1964 – May 7, 1975
*If a Veteran was in Vietnam between 02-28-1961 and 08-04-1964, the veteran is still considered wartime service.
Brushy Creek Area Honor Flight has flown approximately 1750 Veterans on 13 flights from approximately 45 counties and 155 communities. There are approximately 400 veterans on the waiting list. The September 17, 2016 itinerary shows what a normal day would entail. As in the past, the veterans themselves do not pay for their flight; however, the Brushy Creek Area Honor Flight Board expects the counties in which the veterans live to financially support their veterans to go on this trip.
Brushy Creek Area Honor Flight is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the following Brushy Creek Area Honor Flight Board Members:
- Ron Newsum, President, Webster County, PH: 515-571-4477
- Craig Malloy, Vice President, Humboldt County, PH: 515-604-6256
- Marlene Welander, Secretary, Calhoun County, PH: 515-450-4030
- Mel Schroeder, Treasurer, Webster County, PH: 515-408-6940
- Charles Walker, Legal Counsel, Webster County, PH: 515-576-0671
- Orene Cressler, Pocahontas County, PH: 712-335-3270
- Russ Naden, Hamilton County, PH: 515-297-1048
- Lee Bailey, Pocahontas County, PH: 712-845-4419
- Julie Reed, Wright County, PH: 515-851-0121
- Peg Dettmann, Sac County, PH: 712-660-1006